Monday, March 15, 2010

Record Breaking...

Snow Fall Feb. 2010

Katelyn and Owen

Snowball fun

Boys against Katelyn

Katelyn walking into trouble, again

Loving the snow

Katelyn get's her revenge

Want a snowball Mom????

Some of my pre school class watching the snow

Our back yard

Snowfall that is...Record breaking snowfall. No not today but a month ago, Rockwall Texas got a record breaking snowfall. Feb. 11th it snowed all day long. Big snowflakes like the ones I used to watch as a child in Colorado. It was great!!! I was impressed that the local schools were not closed, at least not until the next day, the 12th. My preschool class stood in chairs to watch the snowfall outside our classroom windows, while my kids got to go out and play in the snow at school. I couldn't wait to pick them up that day. We were supposed to have swim practice but I had already decided it would be snowman making practice instead. See we never get snow like this and making a snowman was not something my kids had a chance to do. We got home and Owen was more excited about throwing snowballs than making a snowman, but he did finally give into my need to make one. He did a great job too, even put a carrot for the nose. I was so proud of it, but guess what...I didn't get a picture of it. My camera battery died, and before I could go get another one, our snowman was destroyed by kids running through the yard throwing snowballs. The snow actually stayed longer than we thought. It was wonderful sharing a part of my childhood with the kids and I'm so glad that we could take the time to play. Thank you God for another wonderful record breaking gift.

No comments: